Senior (Scala) Developer
Eskimi is a mobile media company with global reach, combining programmatic, big data, research and digital media into a powerful platform, used by advertising agencies and direct brand clients with 1B+ people reached worldwide. With offices in 5 countries, our HQ is in Vilnius, Lithuania and we operate around the world, serving 42+ markets. Check out this short video for more info about our services.
Eskimi engineering team in Lithuania is now looking for a Senior Developer who would like to work with Scala and help the team scale our high load, low latency programmatic advertising platform! It has been growing 50-60% for the last 5 years and is currently processing 200k+ queries per second, analyzing each of these against 1,5+ billion of user profiles and making decisions to buy banner or not in under 100ms for each of these queries.
What you’ll do:
- build new products and features as well as maintain, monitor and upgrade the existing ones, mainly on Eskimi’s real-time bidding platform, in collaboration with a cross-functional international engineering team.
What will help you do it:
- no Scala? No problem! The team will help you make a switch – determination and willingness to learn and work with our tech-stack is the key.
- 3+ years of applying principles, standard methodologies and trade-offs of schema design to various types of database systems: relational (e.g. Oracle, MSSQL, Postgres, MySQL) and in-memory (e.g. Redis, Memcached, VoltDB). Understanding data manipulation principles. Knowledge of NoSQL systems (e.g. Aerospike, HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB)
- working experience with GIT, testing strategies, monitoring
- “build it to last” attitude. We are looking for developers who can build scalable code that will outlast that box of cup-o-noodles on your top shelf. What you code today needs to last through many versions and updates
- experience and willingness to work with remote teams across the world
What’s in it for You:
- flat engineering team hierarchy, lots of technical challenges to work on and freedom to find creative solutions
- very flexible working atmosphere with a small and driven local team (7 developers here in Vilnius) which moves fast in collaboration with 8 colleagues in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- ability to work with a variety of technologies, high scope, load and performance product impacting billions of users worldwide.
- From 3305 EUR gross monthly salary
Want to be a part of a fast-growing digital media solutions company and work with products that change the landscape of mobile marketing around the globe? Join our global team and grow together! With us – not even a sky is a limit – let’s chat!
Reach out to email@example.com